Inspired by this thread in the forums, I thought I’d write up a little list to help those of you in questionable relationships figure out whether you’re facing an eventual dead end. Keep reading for 15 signs your relationship is going nowhere.
1. Every time you broach the topic of your future together, he looks at some far off point behind you and says, “What’s that! Do you see that?”
2. You found an engagement ring in his underwear drawer once … three years ago.
3. His family lives ten minutes away and you still haven’t met them even though you’ve been together over a year.
4. When you suggest moving in together, he asks if there are any apartments with three-month leases available.
5. When you ask if he wants to go away for the Fourth of July weekend next week, he says: “Well, let’s not get too ahead of ourselves.”
6. He still hasn’t accepted your friend request on Facebook.
7. Even though you live together, he refuses to make any joint purchases with you on household items saying, “What if we break up?”
8. It’s been two years and you’ve never spent a single holiday together.
9. You’ve been long distance for more than a year and still haven’t even discussed what your end date is.
10. He goes to his friends’ weddings solo because he doesn’t want you to get any ideas. Also, it’s easier to hook up when you don’t have a date.
11. He just got a tattoo that says “Bachelor for Life” on his forearm.
12. He thinks “engaged to be engaged” is an actual thing and when you ask when he’s going to finally propose, he says, “But you already know we’re engaged to be engaged!”
13. You used to have sex, but haven’t touched each other in months.
14. The best reason you can think of for staying together is that you have been together for so long.
15. You can’t remember the last time you had fun together.