A couple weeks ago, I asked you to share some of your favorite time-wasting websites. I mentioned that one of my guilty pleasures is STFU, Couples, and since I get such a kick out of laughing at annoying couple-isms, I thought I’d share my “favorite” 15 real-life annoying couple-isms, after the jump.
1. Using Facebook status updates in lieu of personal emails or texts to each other.
2. Addressing each other as “babe” nonstop. Call each other what you want in private, but let’s stick to given names when we’re around other people.
3. Going everywhere together. Hey, honey, your boyfriend doesn’t belong at your friend’s bachelorette party. You can be apart for a few hours — it won’t kill you.
4. Feeding each other.
5. Fighting in front of friends and family.
6. Dressing matchy-matchy. It’s fine for your wedding day and maybe Halloween, but that’s about it.
7. Sharing the same email address.
8. Sharing friends’ secrets with each other.
9. Referring to each other as “My Husband” or “My Girlfriend” with people who have met them multiple times and know their names.
10. Baby talk. Gross.
11. Televising their wedding.
12. Long, dramatic good-byes every time one leaves the other for a couple of hours.
13. Bragging about their sex lives.
14. Saying “I love you” at the end of every single phone conversation, even if they just talked to each five minutes ago.
15. Walking with their hands in each other’s back pockets.
What else do couples do that annoy the hell out of you?