Wondering if you should confess your romantic feelings for that guy you’ve been spending a lot of your after-hours time with lately? Are you beginning to think you FWB might have relationship intentions after all? Maybe you’re ready to take that “next step” with your best guy friend. Well, before you go making yourself vulnerable and changing the dynamics of your friendship, here are a 15 signs he’s probably not interested in being anything more than friends just yet.
1. You ask if you can leave a toothbrush at his place and he says, “Why?”
2. He mentions that he thinks your friend Claire is a real hottie.
3. He mysteriously disappears the week of Valentine’s Day.
4. He regularly untags photos of the two of you on Facebook, so his ex won’t get jealous.
5. When you get sick, he says, “OK, well, call me when you feel like hanging out again.”
6. You have never seen each other between the hours of 10 AM and 8 PM.
7. His sister, whom you’re friends with, wishes her brother would “date a girl like you.”
8. You’ve been “seeing him” for three months, but he still has an active online dating profile.
9. He’s got your number programmed in his phone by your last name.
10. … Or he doesn’t have you programmed in his phone at all.
11. He’s going on vacation with his ex.
12. The only thing he’s ever “bought” you is a box of condoms to keep at your place.
13. He asks if you wanna go to his High School reunion because he can’t fine a “date-date” to take.
14. He goes out of town for a week and doesn’t bother to get in touch even once.
15. After you have sex, he calls you a “cool girl.”