A reader sent me a link to this article from CNN, “Five texts you should never send,” (1. “I think we should see other people” and 5. “a photo of your junk”). Those are good ones, but in an era when people send and receive an average of 41 texts a day, there are quite a few more kinds of texts that are sent out and shouldn’t be. Keep reading for 15 more texts that you should never send.
1. Are you sure it’s mine?
2. We have bed bugs.
3. I think I just killed somebody.
4. …So, you should probably get tested for that, sorry.
5. Can you come bail me out?
6. Mom, I’m gay.
7. In the dark, she looked like you!
8. I’m running three hours late. Can they hold the table?
9. Your grandmother just died.
10. Is it supposed to itch?
11. I just made out with your ex!
12. It’s an emergency!! (Um, so maybe call, not text?).
13. Is there usually so much blood?
14. Your father and I are getting divorced.
15. I’m not your real mother.