Last week, I gave you 20 things it’s okay to say to your significant other, but what about the other significant other in your life: your best friend? Sometimes, it’s hard to know what’s off-limits and what’s appropriate to say, and while protecting her feelings is admirable, the truth, when given with the best intentions, is often the best way to preserve a friendship and protect someone from getting hurt in the long run. After the jump, 20 things it’s okay to say to your BFF.
1. No, that’s okay, I really don’t want to go on a blind date with your co-worker.
2. Bangs aren’t a good look for you.
3. I’m so sorry, but I can’t afford to be in your wedding.
4. You’ve had too much to drink to drive home.
5. You’ve had too much to drink to go home with him.
6. I don’t want strippers at my bachelorette party.
7. Your boyfriend hit on me last night.
8. Here’s a breath mint, my friend.
9. Are you depressed?
10. Your online dating profile pic isn’t doing you any favors.
11. It’s probably time to stop blogging about your ex-fiancé now.
12. Please don’t make me wear an ugly, unflattering bridesmaid dress, I beg of you.
13. It’s been a year and I need you to pay me back the $300 you owe me.
14. I’ve heard something about your boyfriend I think you need to know.
15. I think a bigger size might be a bit more flattering.
16. Yoga really helped me with stress management.
17. I’m worried about your drinking.
18. I’m sorry, I can’t babysit Friday night … or any Friday night.
19. Are you sure you can afford it?
20. He didn’t deserve you.