As 2013 winds to a close, I’m taking a look at the year that was on Dear Wendy. Last week, I posted the 30 most popular columns of the year. Today, I’ve got the 25 most popular forum discussions — some of which kept you chatting throughout the year. In 2013, we had roughly 1,800 new forum topics and nearly 55,000 replies. That’s a lot of chit-chat. Here are the 25 threads that had the created the most drama, intrigue, laughs, tears, and inside jokes.
1. Couch to 5K
Everyone likes to get fit in the new year.
2. Finances and Relationships
How do you deal with money in YOUR relationship?
3. Why won’t my alma mater stay out of the news?
Is throwing an “Asian” themed party racist or not? Discuss (and you did…).
4. The Relentless Pope Coverage Makes Me Wanna Barf!
BGM is not a fan.
5. Need to vent about fake patronizing assholes
Sometimes a woman just gotsta vent about an ex.
6. Biggest Loser – THIS IS SSSSERIOUS
For real, in 2014, I am losing ten pounds!!
7. What words or phrases get on your nerves?
8. Bitching session
9. Can we talk about Spring in hot pockets again?
It’s not really about hot pockets.
10. Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls…
Let’s all learn to love ourselves, butt dimples be damned.
11. DW After Hours
It’s getting’ hot in here.
12. Weird celebrity crushes
Mine is Jason Schwartzman.
13. Bedroom Issues!
The classic “Asking for a friend…”
14. Ruminating on Feminisim
Pass the wine.
15. Story of my life imploding
Putting the M and the O and the A in the MOA.
16. Lemme tell ya about my bad date
17. Share Your Tattoos!
I don’t have any.
18. Is this inappropriate?
To send condoms to a relative in college or not?
19. Is it rude to not give gift for a destination wedding?
Of COURSE there’s a wedding thread.
20. Help me chill the fuck out about dating again
Start by not reading the bad date thread…
21. Wedding rant
Oh look, another wedding one.
22. “Take Care” – AP’s ex
What an asshole.
23. Biggest Loser Part Deux
Because the first one wasn’t enough.
24. I hate dating
There were actually two threads this year by the same name, but this is the most recent. Together, they had like 800 comments.
25. Adult culture and alcohol
This thread was started by someone who is married and doesn’t have to go on first dates anymore.