It’s time again for “Dear Wendy Updates,” a feature where people I’ve given advice to in the past let us know whether they followed the advice and how they’re doing now. Today, we hear from “Stuck in a Limbo Divorce” who wondered whether the guy she had a great date with shortly after separating from her husband has waited for her while her divorce drags on for months and months.
Oh wow, great replies…thank you!
I accept that Mr. Great Date is unlikely to stick around while I get my act together..but it’s nice to daydream. I think I wrote to your column when the daydream was being particularly distracting.
Just to put everyone’s minds at rest:
– Australian waiters and waitresses get paid $15 to $20 an hour. If they are permanent, they also get 4 weeks paid annual leave and 14 days of paid sick/carer’s leave. Tips are not high, but overtime can be paid if you have to work late.
– The word ‘fortnight’ is as commonly used here as “day” or “week.”
– I agree the kissing sentence was a bit ick. I was trying to say there was great chemistry.
– I’m staying with family because the ex is abusive. I pay $3000 a month on private school fees, and $1200 a month on the mortgage, while he pays the other 2/3 of the mortgage, and the leases on both our cars. None of these can stop or be refinanced easily without the property settlement. So, whilst my salary doesn’t stretch to renting a 3-bedroom apartment on top of this, I’m hardly destitute.
– Good LORD but my karate instructor is hot.
I say this in all earnestness: you are a breath of fresh air! Thank you.
If you’re someone I’ve given advice to in the past, I’d love to hear from you, too. Email me at [email protected] with a link to the original post, and let me know whether you followed the advice and how you’re doing now.
If you have a relationship/dating question I can help answer, you can send me your letters at [email protected].