This weekend, some of you may be celebrating Valentine’s Day a little early with a fancy dinner somewhere, but be careful! A friend of mine in the restaurant business told me the other day that she’s seen more breakups over Valentine’s dinner than on any other occasion. For what it’s worth, Drew and I aren’t terribly into Valentine’s Day ourselves, but we’re looking forward to celebrating with some friends at a little dinner party on Sunday evening. Hey, if I can use the Super Bowl as an excuse to party, I can surely do the same for a harmless occasion like Valentine’s Day.
Last year, Drew was in Vancouver covering the Olympics, so I invited a couple of my oldest, dearest buddies to come hang out with me for the weekend. On Valentine’s Day we walked the entire circle of Central Park (which is about six miles), and then spent the rest of the day eating, drinking and generally being merry. One of my friends was so … exhausted after all that, that he passed out cold, and my other friend and I took the opportunity to give him a makeover (pic above), which he completely slept through (as well as the photo shoot afterward). That was a memorable Valentine’s Day.
Anyway, before I sign off for the weekend, here are some of this week’s highlights:
* “He Doesn’t Make Enough Time for Me! I’m Pissed!”
* “Should I Tell His New Girlfriend That He’s A Cheater?”
* Would You Date Someone Who Ate Food You Hate?
* Your Turn: What’s the Difference Between Loneliness and Missing Someone Specific?
* “I’m A Grown Woman, But My Parents Still Give Me a Curfew!”
* “My Fiancé Won’t Get Rid of His Old Wedding Pictures!”