Thanks to reader Karen for sending me this link from iVillage called “4 Signs That a Man’s Ready for Marriage — and 4 That He’s Not.” Considering how many women waste years of their lives waiting for a man who has no interested in getting married — at least not to them — to propose, I thought the list of signs he isn’t ready for marriage could have been a bit longer. So, to help everyone out, here are 10 more signs he’s not ready to get hitched (to you, anyway).
1. He refuses to go to your friend’s wedding with you because weddings “make him nervous.”
2. When you start pointing out rings that you like, he breaks out into hives.
3. He hasn’t signed his divorce papers yet.
4. He gets bummed out when any of his buddies get married.
5. He’s 43, but his online dating profile specifies that he’s looking for women “under 25.”
6. He’s never asked you to travel with him.
7. He won’t get rid of his neon beer sign.
8. He balked when you asked him to clear a drawer at his place for your stuff.
9. When you ask him about the future, he says he still hasn’t decided what to eat for dinner.
10.He lives with his parents and he likes it that way.
What am I missing?