Let’s be honest — Valentine’s Day kind of sucks for a lot of us. There’s the disappointment of being let down, the pressure to measure up, and all the weight of unmet expectations and the baggage of crappy Valentine’s Day pasts. Plus, this year there aren’t even conversations hearts! But fear not, friends! There is wonder — or at least a coupon for good take-out — still to be had, even if this isn’t your favorite day of the year. Below are 14 things to tell yourself on Valentine’s Day if you hate Valentine’s Day.
1. At least your coworkers won’t surprise you with cake and sing Happy Valentine’s Day to you.
3.Chocolate will be half off starting tomorrow.
4. Red is SO your color.
5. Won’t be long now and you’ll be enjoying all those sweet, sweet President’s Day sales.
6. Valentine’s Day is just a stupid, fake Hallmark holiday anyway that means absolutely nothing.
7. Except that no one loves you.
8. Just kidding! You are very loved.
9. And you have wonderful cats.
10. Three remaining episodes of Russian Doll to watch later that you haven’t seen yet.
11. And a 10% off coupon from Yelp for the new Thai restaurant in the neighborhood.
12. It’s getting great reviews.
13. I heard the curry balls are excellent.
14. It could be worse – it could be Christmas.