Back in April, I posted “15 Signs He Loves You,” which remains one of the most popular search term people use to find this blog. Since there are more and more men reading Dear Wendy these days — they may be a quiet bunch, but I know they’re out there; the stats don’t lie! — I’m giving them a list to help them out too. After the jump, 15 signs she really loves you.
1. She sleeps over at your place even though you have two roommates with questionable hygiene.
2. She bakes stuff for you.
3. Her friends tell you what a cute couple you make.
4. She lets you watch the game even when “The Real Housewives” is on.
5. She (pretends) to like that song you’ve been practicing on the guitar every night for the last month.
6. She threw you a big birthday party this year and even invited that one dopey friend of yours she really can’t stand.
7. She nags a little more than you’d like about going to the doctor for a yearly checkup (just go already!).
8. She buys you new underwear.
9. She buys herself new (sexy) underwear.
10. She’s a vegetarian but she cooked you your mom’s meatloaf for dinner last night.
11. For Christmas she gave you a vintage Graflex 3-cell flash for your light saber.
12. She doesn’t bother you too much with difficult questions, like “How are you feeling about things?”
13. She really wants you to meet her parents.
14. Last year, she didn’t know how many innings were in a baseball game; this year she knows the name of your team’s designated hitter.
15. She’s game in bed.
PFG-SCR July 1, 2011, 12:03 pm
The easiest way to know – she says, “I love you”.
Heather July 1, 2011, 12:12 pm
True to an extent. I’d rather have someone who acts like they love me rather than JUST saying it.
silver_dragon_girl July 1, 2011, 12:24 pm
Me too. Classic “5 Language of Love!” I’m a “do things for me” type of person, and my bf is a “verbal” person. Sometimes there is a disconnect, but it’s definitely interesting to see what people prefer and what just doesn’t touch them at all.
PFG-SCR July 1, 2011, 12:46 pm
I completely agree – those three words are meaningless without the behavior to “prove it”. But, those three words are very important to hear when that level of caring is involved.
Maracuya July 1, 2011, 12:14 pm
So more men read this site than women? Go figure. Maybe it’s just spaceboy checking in over and over. Technical question, how can quantcast know the visitors’ gender?
You can set up a dating service for all the LWs who cry about being single. They can date the older, graduate-degree carrying rich guys without kids who silently lurk this site. 😛
silver_dragon_girl July 1, 2011, 12:40 pm
$10 says those tall spikes correspond to wedding etiquette questions.
CaribbeanGirl July 1, 2011, 12:43 pm
I think Wendy said that “more and more men” are reading the site, not more men than women. I’d be willing to bet the primary audience is still women.
Maracuya July 1, 2011, 2:18 pm
The link that Wendy provided showed the breakdown of the demographics as 55% men, 45% women. Hence my surprise. The men are probably casual readers and the women are regulars.
Wendy July 1, 2011, 2:27 pm
I do think a majority of DW’s regular readers are women. There were some recent spikes in traffic sent from male-centric sites in recent weeks that skewed the demographics results a bit. But even before that, I was surprised that about 40% of DW’s regular readers are men. Quiet bunch, they are.
ReginaRey July 1, 2011, 2:57 pm
I bet a significant portion of your male readership are boyfriends/husbands of regular readers. I know I send my boyfriend links all the time! 🙂
Spark July 1, 2011, 1:22 pm
Yeah, how do they know the age and sex of visitors?
PFG-SCR July 1, 2011, 2:14 pm
Those statistics for visitors to DearWendy are surprising, especially the gender (shows more men than women are visiting), age of visitor (would have thought 20-somethings would have been a higher percentage of the total) and visitor income (42% make six figures which is significantly higher than the percentage of Americans who make over that amount).
I’m curious how they compile this data – I login with a dummy email address that isn’t tied to me in any way. Well, I don’t think it is, but reports like this make me wonder.
Wendy July 1, 2011, 2:29 pm
See my comment above for explanation on the numbers.
Elle July 1, 2011, 12:16 pm
After looking at the stats, I wonder if I’m an addict or a regular… I have to publicly confess my addiction. Wendy, you’re an enabler! Please continue enabling my addiction!!!
Maracuya July 1, 2011, 1:05 pm
Looking at the stats, there’s no question about whether I’m an addict. (Quantcast said an addict is defined as more than 30 visits in one month.)
Elle July 1, 2011, 2:08 pm
Oh, thanks. I somehow missed that. Wow, my addiction is extreme. I get 30+ visits in one day 🙂
Slamy July 1, 2011, 2:28 pm
I’m an addict, too. I check the site a few times a day, at least. Sometimes more if there’s a super interesting comment thread.
BoomChakaLaka July 1, 2011, 1:09 pm
I guess I love him! All but 4 apply to me…
Speaking of, totally time for me to stop by VS…
ReginaRey July 1, 2011, 12:14 pm
16. She doesn’t burn your t-shirt collection you’ve had since high school, or that ridiculous basketball jersey with the numbers peeling off and the horrible permanent stench that you’ve had since MIDDLE SCHOOL.
sarolabelle July 1, 2011, 12:33 pm
I think we need to have more Google questions answered. Those were funny!
BoomChakaLaka July 1, 2011, 1:08 pm
I second this motion!
Wendy July 1, 2011, 1:24 pm
I can do that…
SGMcG July 1, 2011, 2:30 pm
17. She’s ALWAYS looking for an excuse to touch you. ALWAYS. You could be driving down the highway in bumper to bumper traffic, and she may non-chalantly rub the back of your neck to calm your nerves down. Or you’re watching the game and she comes up to you with a snack and a peck on the cheek. Or you could be napping and she tucks you in with a blanket and a squeeze so you stay warm. She’s acting like that because she’s looking for an excuse to touch you so that she can reaffirm the love she feels for you. I know I don’t personally proactively do that stuff unless I want to TOUCH him and I am totally loving every time I get to.
oldie July 1, 2011, 3:24 pm
It’s that special smile when she looks at you.
Christina July 1, 2011, 11:55 pm
46K people a month! That’s a big number.
Rachelgrace53 July 2, 2011, 4:52 pm
“11. For Christmas she gave you a vintage Graflex 3-cell flash for your light saber.”
Was this you, Wendy??
18. She helps you pack up your apartment into the wee hours of the morning even though she’s sick.
19. She starts playing the MMORPG she hated because you want to share that with her.
20. She lets you introduce her to new spicy foods that you love even though she enjoys eating more plain jane and has the most sensitive-to-spice taste buds ever.
21. She makes a list of every random thing you love to eat/drink/etc. so she can keep track and surprise you with treats at any time.