Aw, first dates. It’s been well over five years since I went on one, but I still have “fond” memories of some of the more interesting ones. There was the guy I met on MySpace (ugh, I know) who called me a whore because, ironically, I refused to go back to his place after drinks. There was another guy who chain-smoked through our entire two-hour date — literally, one cigarette after another after another — even after I told him how much I hated the smell. And then there was the time a blind date gave me a schmaltzy poem he wrote about me along with with a box of chocolates and some flowers (sweet on maybe a third or fifth or seventh date, but a little much on a first date, don’t you think?). Because we’re all prone to making a few gaffes now and then, check out 15 more things never to do on a first date, after the jump.
1. Show off your appendectomy scar.
2. Mix tequila and wine.
3. Brag about how many pull-ups you can do, how big your salary is, or how easy it is for you to get laid.
4. Flirt with the waitress/waiter.
5. Share your prescriptions.
6. Invite your date to your high school reunion.
7. Call him by the wrong name.
8. Order anything with garlic.
9. Complain about work/ not having work.
10. Ask if you look fat.
11. Drag him to a Jennifer Aniston movie.
12. Bring her an expensive gift.
13. Text other people.
14. Discuss your unhappy childhood.
15. Trash-talk your ex.
What more can you think of?