Since we’re in the middle of Hanukkah and this Sunday is Christmas, chances are a good number of you will be spending the weekend with family. To avoid unnecessary stress, I’ve put together a list of 15 things we should all avoid saying during our family holiday get-togethers. Check it out after the jump.
1. I can’t believe that sweater’s too big for you. You sure don’t look like you take a smaller size!
2. When are you going to get married/have kids/buy a house/settle down?
3. Mass is at six tomorrow morning.
4. I hope you saved the receipt.
5. I sure wish you and your ex never broke up. I liked him so much.
6. You don’t mind sharing a bed with your Aunt Suzy, do you?
7. Your face looks funny.
8. It’s okay that I gave your dog my chocolate Santa, right?
9. You probably don’t need that second helping of mashed potatoes, sweetie.
10. Anyone up for a game of strip poker?
11. I think I broke your toilet.
12. No thanks, Grandma, I’m on a diet.
13. I can’t wait to tell my therapist you said that.
14. Can I borrow $1500?
15. Let’s do this again really soon!