As 2014 winds to a close, I thought this would be a good time to take a look back at the posts and columns that created the most buzz. Here are the 20 most popular posts of the year — the columns that attracted the most traffic, linkbacks, Facebook likes, and marriage proposals. This should keep you occupied for at least a little bit while posting is light around here this week. I bet you just might find one or two things you haven’t read before.
1. “My Boyfriend Won’t Stop Talking to His Ex”
2. “In a Long Distance Relationship, Who Should Be The One to Move?”
3. Morning Quickie: “I Want to Have an Affair with My Married Co-Worker”
4. “My Husband Wears My Lingerie”
5. “My Husband Got Another Woman Pregnant”
6. Shortcuts: “He Won’t Put My Picture on His Facebook Page”
7. 30 Things That Will (Probably) Happen in Your 30s
8. Shortcuts: “I’m a Straight Girl Attracted to Other Girls”
9. Drinking with Dear Wendy: Pomegranate Margaritas!
10. “I Don’t Want to Marry my Fiancé”“I’m
11. Afraid to Tell My Parents that I’m Moving in With My Boyfriend”
12. DW Rant: Women, Want to Attract a Man? Wear Makeup!
13. “I’m Jealous of My Sister’s Pregnancy”
14. “I Got Drunk at a Party and Might Have Cheated on My Boyfriend”
15. His Take: “He Won’t Even Answer My Facebook Messages!”
16. “Is Being ‘Too Busy’ a Valid Reason to End a Relationship?”
17. “He Got Me Pregnant and Then Dumped Me”
18. His Take: “Does He Want to Be More than an FWB?”
19. “How Do I Know If We’re Exclusive or Not?”
bittergaymark December 30, 2014, 5:58 pm
I still think Hong had a point about make up. A very valid one…
Lyra December 30, 2014, 6:57 pm
This walk down memory lane reminds me that this year was when a certain really creepy dude (won’t out the previous commenter) went berserk and was creepin’ on his DW reading girlfriend in the forums… Y’all remember him??
Portia December 30, 2014, 8:42 pm
Was that really this year? It seems so long ago.
Lyra December 30, 2014, 9:10 pm
Yes it was!
Dear Wendy December 31, 2014, 6:32 am
it was in February.
Dear Wendy December 31, 2014, 6:32 am
Yeah, that was a nightmare.
Lyra December 31, 2014, 8:44 am
You handled it like a pro! 🙂
Lyra December 31, 2014, 8:45 am
(Because you ARE a pro, of course! Didn’t mean to imply anything else. 😉 )
MissDre December 31, 2014, 1:02 pm
I vaguely remember this… what happened again?
bittergaymark December 31, 2014, 1:13 pm
I have no memory of this either? Strange…
something random December 31, 2014, 1:28 pm
I think she was writing a post about her boyfriend getting angry with her because she kept falling asleep while they were watching his favorite movie. She also said he didn’t want her posting even anonymously about him. Everyone told her he sounded controlling.
Apparently, during one of his regular Google image searches of her profile he came upon the post and berated her for lying to him (by anonymously posting). He then tried to explain who was commenting how this wasn’t controlling and he wasn’t an asshole for being pissy when girlfriend fell asleep.
Portia December 31, 2014, 2:17 pm
Oh yeah! The original issue was that she fell asleep when they were watching TV and he got pissed at her about it, right? Because clearly she was falling asleep AT him.
something random December 31, 2014, 1:30 pm
edit *he then tried to explain to the other commenters*
something random December 31, 2014, 1:34 pm
I think he also started trying to figure out identifying information about the other commenters to prove that he wasn’t controlling, just a boyfriend with reasonable concerns.
Portia December 31, 2014, 2:13 pm
Yeah, that was some fun times. I think it led to some slightly altered usernames and funny new avatars.
nothing systematic December 31, 2014, 2:40 pm
I forgot about that!
Kate December 31, 2014, 1:49 pm
He was like, I’m not creepy, I’m just letting you know y’all ain’t safe. Ask my girlfriend what I was able to find out about the lady I got in an altercation with at the gas station just by running her plate number, WENNNNDDDYYYY!
bittergaymark December 31, 2014, 1:51 pm
Damn. I somehow miss all the crazy good stuff….