As 2016 winds to a close, I thought this would be a good time to take a look back at the posts and columns that created the most buzz. Here are the 20 most popular posts of the year — the columns that attracted the most traffic, linkbacks, Facebook likes, and drunken cartwheels (don’t try it at home, kids). This should help keep you occupied while posting is light around here over the next week or so. I bet you just might find one or two things you haven’t read before.
1. “I Found Nude Photos Of My Daughter on My Husband’s Computer!”
2. “How Do I Disinvite Our Son-In-Law to Our Family Vacation?”
3. “My Boyfriend Bad-Mouths Me To His Friends Behind My Back”
4. The Morning After (the election): WTF
5. “My Husband’s Friend Wants to Sleep With our Daughter When She Turns 18”
6. “Why Would My Boyfriend of 12 Years Suddenly Dump Me For Another Woman?!”
7. “My Wife Exposes Her Breasts to Other Men and I Cannot Stand It Anymore!”
8. In Other Words: “My Girlfriend Is $170k In Debt And Didn’t Even Know”
9. Shortcuts: “My Sugar Daddy Got Me Pregnant”
10. “My Boyfriend Thinks I Should Be the One To Commute”
11. Your Turn: “I Asked If He Was Sleeping With His Sister. Now His Family Hates Me.”
12. “My Mother-In-Law Acts Like She Owns Our House”
13. “Sex With My Husband Makes My Skin Crawl. Am I Gay?”
14. How Did You Know You’d Found “The One”?
15. “Did I Ruin My Shot at a Second Date?”
16. “I Don’t Feel Safe with My Boyfriend”
17. “I Broke My Engagement Because My Parents Disapprove of My Boyfriend’s Class”
18. Your Turn: “My Husband’s Daughter Didn’t Invite Me to Her Wedding”
19. Your Turn: “How Do We Keep My Dying Father’s Mistress Away?”
keyblade December 27, 2016, 11:12 pm
Well I have a New Year’s resolution to aim for here: I’ll try not to get defensive and butt-hurt when someone rightfully calls me out on clumsy, loose, and/or unhelpful comment.