We need a palate cleanser after yesterday (this post, the stolen Supreme Court seat, all of it). So, let’s discuss things bringing us joy or entertainment and things that make our lives a little better or more convenient during this wackadoodle time. (Kate, I’m looking at you for a beauty rec, I know you must have one.) Here are a few of mine:
1. Harry Styles’ new video for “Golden” because Harry Styles running wild with a loose white shirt unbuttoned to the middle of his chest is the balm we all need.
2. David Letterman interviews with Lizzo and with Dave Chapelle in new episodes of “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.”
3. The new Borat movie (and specifically, the fertility dance scene).
4. These slippers, which pretty much never leave my feet when I’m home, which means they never leave my feet because I’m home all the time. (Tip: It takes a few days to break these in, but once you do they’re perfect!).
5. This butternut squash soup recipe, which I’ve made for years and am still not even a tiny bit tired of; I could eat it for lunch every day for the next four months and be happy. Ish. All things considered. (Tip: I use only maybe 1/2 cup of cream cheese and that’s plenty).