I did not love Fifty Shades of Grey. In fact, I disliked it so much, I didn’t finish it. But I know a lot of people greatly enjoy this series — including my friend who loaned me her copy of the book — so rather than rain all over their parade (again), I’m going to tell you ten things I loved about Fifty Shades.
1. It’s totally hilarious. Whether intentional or not, the book made me laugh. I read passages aloud to Drew not because I found them sexy but because I found them riotously amusing. (Unfortunately, it was not amusing enough to carry the book several hundred pages, but I digress…).
2. Grey is a nice color. It’s very on trend right now.
5. Oh! I love that my friend and I now say, “I flush” to each other like a little inside joke because of the book.
6. You know how when you’re procrastinating doing something you don’t want to do, like study for an exam, you can get a lot of tedious shit done, like washing the dishes and making doctor appointments? Well, let’s just say I got a lot of tedious shit done this month.
9. I’m thinking, I’m thinking…
10. You can skip over the middle 200 pages to the final chapter and not feel like you missed too much of the plot.
… So, that’s what I thought of the book, and since I skipped so much of it, I will leave the discussion to those of you who actually read the whole thing. What did you think? Are you going to read the other books in the series? Whom would you cast in the movie version?
Dr. Ruth talks 50 Shades
Fifty Shades of Blue with Selena Gomez (on Funny or Die)