We had a lovely and peaceful Thanksgiving in NYC yesterday — we saw the parade in the morning, had a delicious dinner in the late afternoon (we outsourced the turkey [yum — a turkey roll is the way to go!] and a couple of sides; I made pie, mashed potatoes, and some delicious butternut squash soup), followed by an evening walk around the neighborhood before we gave the kids baths and put them to bed. Then we finished the night with some Netflix, but as usual, couldn’t find anything that held our attention. Any movie or TV recommendations? We especially love documentaries, comedies, and Indie rom-coms (well, ok, maybe I’m the one who favors those).
For your weekend reading pleasure, here are a few Friday links:
“Fundamentally, it’s the art of friendship that warms you in the various winters of your discontent, and when you’re in trouble you don’t want 1,000 people, but just one.” — “Reflections on True Friendship”
And speaking of friendship: “An Ivy League professor says there are only three types of friendships we make”
And since it’s Black Friday, here are some great deals to kick-off your holiday shopping:
* Anthropologie is 30% off with code LETSGO (I love this blouse for the holidays)
* J.Crew is 40% off with code HOLIDAY (I bought this sweater to replace a similar one I got a few years ago that’s showing its age)
* Shopbop is up to 25% off with code GOBIG16 (I love this!)
* World Market has the bets Christmas decorations and today they have a “buy one, get one” deal. (How pretty is this one?).
* West Elm is up to 30% off with code MOREISMORE