36 and Forever Single

Home / Forums / Advice & Chat / 36 and Forever Single

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    October 15, 2017 at 1:56 pm #723532

I think that a lot of the common threads have to do with the document reading as “audience free personal declaration of identity” rather than “sales pitch as to why your life would be better with me as your girlfriend.” As you rewrite it, try to focus more on the latter.

Fyodor
    October 15, 2017 at 2:01 pm #723533

“If you HAVE to answer it, maybe say something along the lines of, “it depends. I might be working on my quest for the holy grail of tacos, or I might be catching up on ____ (insert show here) or wine-ing down with some co-workers.” Some bullshit like that. You could throw your favorite video game in the middle of that. Don’t LIE, but think of a few different things you actually have done on a Friday or would do.”

Instead of saying what you do now, say what you’d like to do with your date or boyfriend. That’s probably what he’s more interested in hearing.

October 15, 2017 at 2:06 pm #723534

Loved Wendy’s profile rewrite! There are specifics. There’s a hook. It makes you sound like a person with fully formed opinions and interests. It’s real.

bluegreeneye
    October 15, 2017 at 2:06 pm #723535

I really appreciate all of the help with this. You all have been so helpful and I will be forever grateful. I hope with the tips I’ve received from all of you that I will be successful and finally find someone.

MissDre
    October 15, 2017 at 2:15 pm #723536

Way to go Wendy, that’s awesome.

October 15, 2017 at 2:35 pm #723537

Good luck! Don’t forget my suggestion about getting a haircut with updating your photos! I really do think you could be someone’s dream girl. I hope you find your match!

October 15, 2017 at 2:36 pm #723538

My only other suggestion would be, if you’re getting a haircut soon, and you like how they style it, plan to spend some time that day getting a good headshot in (I really recommend a selfie, it’s so much more likely you’ll get a great angle on yourself), as well as go out with a friend and have them take a full-length standing shot. I did this for a buddy of mine who was helping me with my plants. He’s a horticulturist and I took pics of him outside with the plants. He got a Tinder date that very night! He ended up getting stuck in a relationship with her that he wasn’t very into, but that’s another story.

October 15, 2017 at 2:37 pm #723539

Oh, Wendy beat me to it.

TheLadyE
    October 15, 2017 at 3:58 pm #723545

Please come back and update us!! 😀

bluegreeneye
    October 15, 2017 at 7:11 pm #723553

I will keep you guys updated! 🙂

Fyodor
    October 15, 2017 at 8:50 pm #723556

I’ll just add that while the profile will help a lot, you’ll probably get the most mileage out of taking/picking better pictures.

Lianne
    October 16, 2017 at 8:47 am #723579

I am late to the party, but you got some great advice here. I wish you luck along with everyone else! Wendy also re-did my profile, and thanks to your okcupid link, I just reactivated my acct and looked at it. She is so good!!!

On the word “just,” Kate gave me that advice a couple months ago and literally rewrite my work emails all. the. time. Thanks, Kate!

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 104 total)
Reply To:

36 and Forever Single

Your information: