Advice about taking my kid

Home / Forums / Advice & Chat / Advice about taking my kid

  • Author
  • Jaclyn
    August 16, 2023 at 8:14 pm #1124890

    I recently left my home behind and moved in with my kids dad because I was having a really bad time mentally and went crazy and thought my kid was better off without me.

    Now I hate living with him and want to go home. He said he would call the cops on me for kidnapping if I do that but I have full custody.

    If I try to go home, can he really stop me? He also has texts of me saying how I was failing our daughter and a bad mother and stuff. So if I go back is it just going to be worse or will I be fine and say I am getting mental health help

    August 17, 2023 at 5:29 am #1124891

    I mean, no, if you have full custody he can’t legally do anything, but he sounds like a jerk and maybe abusive so I think before you do anything you really need to work out a plan with people who know about these things. You should contact an organization for women who need protection from domestic abuse and work through a plan to get away from your ex safely.

    The other thing is you have to have a safe and secure place to take your son. And if you’re struggling mentally you need to get help. So I urge you to contact a women’s organization and find out what resources are available to you and how to safely extricate yourself and your son out of this home and into a safe one.

    August 17, 2023 at 5:38 am #1124892

    Also, does he have texts from you where you talk about harming yourself, your son, or your daughter (where is she, by the way)? If so, that might give him a basis on which to challenge your custody. A women’s organization will be able to give you legal advice. Please don’t make any sudden moves unless you’re in immediate danger, and even then, call for help.

    Avatar photo
    August 17, 2023 at 9:51 am #1124912

    If you have full physical custody, no, he cannot stop you and it wouldn’t be kidnapping. But I agree with @Kate that you should speak to someone before you do anything. Can you reach out to the lawyer or legal organization that (presumably) represented you during your child custody case?

    I do hope you are/will actually seek help for your mental health.

    August 17, 2023 at 11:29 am #1124923

    Ok sorry I misunderstood that you were talking about your son, and that you also have a daughter. You just have a daughter. I went back to your previous post from 6 months ago and you said this man has hit you in the past. You NEED to get in touch with a women’s DV shelter for advice, this is incredibly serious.

Reply To:

Advice about taking my kid

Your information: