- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 hours, 31 minutes ago by Bittergaymark.
March 31, 2021 at 9:41 am #1032757waiting for sunshineParticipant
(Disclaimer: I know there are people who care about humanity and equality for all. They give me hope and inspire me, this list is not about them)
I don’t know why we are supposed to be “the greatest super power in the world” yet we:
1. Won’t let women have rights to their own bodies
2. Punish people for being their authentic selves (laws against human rights if you are not hetero and defined as a M/F)
3. Pass laws limiting voting access (here’s looking at you Georgia, Texas, rest of the states trying to pass similar legislation)
4. Won’t admit to systematic racism (BLM, Asian hate crime, violence towards the trans community, etc)
5. Have political support to go against basic public health principles (wearing a mask – against people’s rights, anti-vaccination, anti social distancing mandates, etc)
6. Beliefs in pseudoscience over real science
This list could go on and on, but essentially I’m emotionally exhausted and don’t feel like the US deserves its’ standing in the world. Hoping more change for equality and humankind is around the corner.April 3, 2021 at 10:46 am #1033729KateKeymaster
You genuinely don’t understand why all those things? Or you just want commiseration? Because it drives me crazy too, but I understand why it’s happening. I think we’ve already lost our standing in the world, unfortunately.April 3, 2021 at 7:17 pm #1033741bloodymediocrityParticipant
I hear you, OP. We’re a bad country founded by bad people. Our government is a system designed to keep bad people in power as long as possible and it’s functioning as it is designed.
It doesn’t mean that it can’t get better, but it’s a painfully slow process.April 14, 2021 at 4:22 pm #1035184courtney89Participant
let alone the gun restrictions (I.E. none) that we don’t have that continually bring us shootings, on the regular..
it’s insane to me.
Who the fck needs an assault rifle?
I have a gun for protection, a 380. My dad enjoys going to the range and shooting.
I just.. don’t get the refusal of gun restrictions. I don’t.April 15, 2021 at 11:18 am #1035403bloodymediocrityParticipant
@Courtney89 “The inconvenience of having to wait 3-4 days to receive my death machine for my hobby is more important than any lives” is basically the summary. It’s so very frustrating. I will never understand how anyone can see the most simple and basic of safety restrictions as this violation of their human rights.
But if there is one thing that has been made clear in this country, the motto for a huge portion of our population is “give me convenience or give me death”. They will resist the most miquetoast of requirements for the most asinine reasons with the fury of a roman spartan.
It’s so exhausting.April 15, 2021 at 12:08 pm #1035449BittergaymarkGuest
It is indeed very dark times. I must confess that I am so jaded and cynical now that I often simply can’t believe it. But then I turn on the news for five minutes and think… Oh, right… That’s what I am so damn fucking pissed off all the time.
But my —- Yes. The lack of common sense gun regulations continually baffles me. Has for as long as I can remember. Though I once truly believed change was imminent. I no longer do. But then… I once believed a lot of things…