It’s time again for “Dear Wendy Updates,” a feature where people I’ve given advice to in the past let us know whether they followed the advice and how they’re doing now. Today, we hear from “Stuck in a Limbo Divorce” who wondered whether the guy she had a great date with shortly after separating from her husband has waited for her while her divorce drags on for months and months.
Oh wow, great replies…thank you!
I accept that Mr. Great Date is unlikely to stick around while I get my act together..but it’s nice to daydream. I think I wrote to your column when the daydream was being particularly distracting.
Just to put everyone’s minds at rest:
– Australian waiters and waitresses get paid $15 to $20 an hour. If they are permanent, they also get 4 weeks paid annual leave and 14 days of paid sick/carer’s leave. Tips are not high, but overtime can be paid if you have to work late.
– The word ‘fortnight’ is as commonly used here as “day” or “week.”
– I agree the kissing sentence was a bit ick. I was trying to say there was great chemistry.
– I’m staying with family because the ex is abusive. I pay $3000 a month on private school fees, and $1200 a month on the mortgage, while he pays the other 2/3 of the mortgage, and the leases on both our cars. None of these can stop or be refinanced easily without the property settlement. So, whilst my salary doesn’t stretch to renting a 3-bedroom apartment on top of this, I’m hardly destitute.
– Good LORD but my karate instructor is hot.
I say this in all earnestness: you are a breath of fresh air! Thank you.
If you’re someone I’ve given advice to in the past, I’d love to hear from you, too. Email me at [email protected] with a link to the original post, and let me know whether you followed the advice and how you’re doing now.
You can follow me on Facebook here and sign up for my weekly newsletter here.
If you have a relationship/dating question I can help answer, you can send me your letters at [email protected].