So long, 2011! What a year it’s been. I’ve had more dramatic ups and downs this year than any other and many of my friends and family — and probably a lot of you — can say the same. It all turned out pretty great, but I could use a bit of a breather in 2012. And if the universe is kind enough to grant that breather, I have some resolutions and goals I’d like to get accomplished, including:
1. Read more books (this resolution has made my list every year since, like, 2003; I’m still working on it. Pretty sure the book club will help!).
2. Send more hand-written letters and cards.
3. Try two new recipes every month (another oldie but goodie. I’ve actually been mostly successful at this for the last couple years, but I like to push myself to keep it up).
4. Get back in pre-baby shape (I feel like I sort of HAVE to include this one, especially after gaining five pounds of holiday bloat.).
5. Make at least two new friends (this has also been a resolution for the last few years since Drew once told me that his grandmother lived by the rule — make two new friends every year — and it helped keep her life full and interesting. So far, I’ve been pretty successful at this one. Starting a neighborhood new moms’ group this fall definitely helped.).
6. Reduce food waste. I’ve gotten better about this in the last year, but I still routinely have wilted lettuce or expired yogurt or uneaten leftovers I have to throw out. My goal next year is to use/consume everything before it goes bad (this goal has the added benefit of forcing me to be creative in the kitchen).
7. Make this site bigger and better. DearWendy.com turns one in just a few weeks and now that the site’s been moved to a kick-ass new server, I’ve got some cool ideas for 2012. I hope you’ll stick around for the ride, and I hope we continue to grow this awesome community.
What are your resolutions for 2012 and were you successful at meeting your goals for 2011?